On this blog, you can learn many things. How to make the Internet work for you, all about my favorite websites and marketplaces, Virgo facts, Mommy dramas, and so much more!

Vermont mountains

Vermont mountains

Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring Has NOT Sprung in Vermont!

Well, I thought it had, but I was wrong. Spring in VT is my least favorite time of year. I love this state, I really do, but I do not love spring here. We just had the most glorious weekend---sunshine, slight breeze, 65 degrees...it was absolutely perfect. We mowed the lawn, bought plants and bulbs to put into the ground, played at the playground, went on walks, and ate creemees! (For those of you not from New England, a creemee is a soft-serve ice cream in a cone.) It truly felt like spring and despite the huge amounts of pollen making me sneeze my head off, I felt happy. (yes, i suffer from SAD, seasonal affective disorder)

Until this morning, when I pulled up the weather report and saw the most unbelievable news---a WINTER STORM WATCH for Tuesday through Wednesday, with 6-12 inches of heavy wet snow!!! Seriously, I wanted to sit down and cry. I can only hope that they will be wrong---just 10 degrees warmer and it will be just rain.

Don't believe me? Check back tomorrow when I post pics of the proof! Below is a pic of my backyard this morning, in the beautiful sun. Good thing I didn't plant those bulbs yet!

2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed it won't be so bad, T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We play that same is it winter or is it spring game here in Michigan too... It stinks!

    ReplyDelete