On this blog, you can learn many things. How to make the Internet work for you, all about my favorite websites and marketplaces, Virgo facts, Mommy dramas, and so much more!

Vermont mountains

Vermont mountains

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

RAIN, GO AWAY!

I know, I know....rain is necessary, but man, I despise it! The rain caused the power to go out for an hour this morning while my 12 year old was trying to get ready for school. So, she started flipping out, my 3 year old was mad she couldn't turn anything on, especially the t.v., and all I could think about was how in the heck I was going to get any "PAID" work done on my computer today! Not to mention how I was going to feed anyone today! Actually, in 2004, when we lived in Maryland, we endured four days without power due to Hurricane Isabel....PURE TORTURE! Luckily, we had wonderful neighbors who had a generator and an awesome gas grill---we practically lived with them during that time! Sometimes, when I'm playing Oregon Trail with my girls, I like to think that being a pioneer would have been fun......seriously, what am I smoking? I need my modern luxuries to make it through life! What about you?

4 comments:

  1. Arrrggh! I hate when the power goes out! We lost power overnight during the winter and our whole family bedded down in front of the fireplace. It was kinda like a camp out. We were soooo relieved when it came back on the next afternoon. I feel your pain.
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. wishing you sunshine! we will have snow today, but it will be gone quickly. luckily - our power doesn't go out often.
    and yes, i've got to have modern technology; no pioneering for me, thank you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I agree. Pioneer life is only fun to read about. I have no desire to experience it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing is worse than a power outage. That's when I hug my iPhone a little tighter lol.

    ReplyDelete